29.12.22

Why did Pele never play for a European club?

 Pele is a legend of the football village, but he has never played for a European team.

There have been numerous stories of clubs trying but failing to sign Pele , most notably shortly after the 1958 and 1962 World Cups.

Transfer moves include the likes of Manchester United and Valencia, but the most prominent name is Real Madrid.

Pele has never played in Europe in his career.

“ There were times when I was very close to signing for Real Madrid, and then again with Napoli in Italy.

It's not a regret. I was in Santos, and at the time they were a force.

I don't play outside of Brazil because I'm very, very happy at Santos. I had the best 15-20 years of my life there. I've had a lot of other offers and not just from Real Madrid, but I'm fine with my position."

In addition to Napoli, Pele is also close to joining two other Italian giants, Juventus and Inter Milan.

On the morning of December 30, Pele passed away after a long battle with cancer.

RIP Legend,

MU to bid farewell to 7 stars this summer

Preparing for a squad overhaul, Manchester United's transfer team will work actively in the upcoming summer to trim the squad. This will...